Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I'm thinking about getting one for myself...I like what it offers, I like that it doesn't have any Windows on it...but for system spec it says 10.2.6 or 10.3, I'd think it would support 10.4, but 10.4 has been out for a will so it seems like they would have update the info by now.

Does anyone have one and use it with OS 10.4?

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I use both Palm TX and LifeDrive. I am using TX on the daily basis for calendars, contact management and what-not. I demoted my LifeDrive for TomTom nav purpose on my car.

LifeDrive is nice but it simply too slow. It is hard drive based which is part of the reason being slow to respond. TX is based on the flash memory which is faster for booting up and getting data.

Before I purchased LD, many posts on the forums said LD has some lagging issues. I thought I can live with it for a few seconds of delay here and there; but, once I start using it on the daily basis, 3 to 4 seconds of delay does not work for me.

If I were you, I would go with TX and buy SD card for extra storage. TX and LD work well with Tiger as I am using my Palms with my Macs.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
On the compatibilty note, I have a Tungsten T2 from about 3-4 years ago and it works flawlessly.

I would go the TX/SD route because it's cheaper and also the response issues with the LifeDrive could be a problem.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Question sort of on topic, the syncing of Palm to Mac is great but is their a way that the colours will sync in the Calendar? It is my one annoyance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.