Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zone-MR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
As posted on the team blog, the amount of time Palringo's servers keep you connected when closing the application has now been increased to one hour.

Any messages sent to you during this time will be delivered the next time you open Palringo - even if the one hour grace period expires.

Digipimp

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Texas
i would liked to have kept using the app, but i've said since the beginning that you need to intergrate the iphones contact app in for the aim and yahoo sms function so instead i bought beejive today since they do it, mobilechat does as well but we know their software isnt even functional

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
For those who have used the grace period while chatting, how do you find its performance?

I haven't had the chance to use it yet, but otherwise Palringo works great so far.

I've heard reports that when you use the grace period, you appear offline and back online when you reopen the app. Does anyone find this happening?

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
For those who have used the grace period while chatting, how do you find it's performance?

I haven't had the chance to use it yet, but otherwise Palringo works great so far.

I've heard reports that when you use the grace period, you appear offline and back online when you reopen the app. Does anyone find this happening?

I believe that's been fixed with 1.21 (or 1.22) - there's an option in the settings which lets you set your status to Away or Offline (or do nothing) when you close the app.. Since thats been implemented its kept you with the appearance of being online during that grace period

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

That's cool. I'm sure this was timed with Beejives release which allows up to 24 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.