Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueAmerica07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Hey all,

So I was wondering if there was any way to prevent Pandora from stopping playing while you text - every time I close the app it disconnects.

Thanks for the help!

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007

Good lord I hope you are right and they allow it soon. I hate this SDK limitation.

But for now, I use the backgrounder app to force it to stay open in the background. You gotta jailbreak for this app though.

Stiney

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2007
You can run the app in the background, but you have to jailbreak your phone. I just did it in 2.+ once the program 'Backgrounder' came out just for this reason. It works great and the jailbreak process was really easy.

Plus, I got a couple of other great apps like IntelliScreen, Stacks, Cycoder (video recording), etc.

If you would like a link I found a website that will walk you through the whole process of Jailbreaking.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
You can run the app in the background, but you have to jailbreak your phone. I just did it in 2.+ once the program 'Backgrounder' came out just for this reason. It works great and the jailbreak process was really easy.

This is getting off topic for this forum... BUT beware of jailbreaking if you have large apps like the American Heritage Dictionary installed, uninstall any such apps first and then reinstall after the jailbreak otherwise I hope you like looking at the (pine)apple logo...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.