Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
My understanding is that Pandy is no longer being maintained. Is there an alternative solution for ios 7 that works on 64-bit (e.g. iPad air) devices?

Hackintosh Sr.

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2008
My understanding is that Pandy is no longer being maintained. Is there an alternative solution for ios 7 that works on 64-bit (e.g. iPad air) devices?

This isn't true. If you payed for it then you should know that he emailed everyone stating that he is still working on it

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
pandy is being updated as far as i know

follow notcom on twitter

this tweak is nonsensical to me, who would want low quality music on their devices stored locally?

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Almost three months later, and Pandy has still not been updated. Have any alternatives been released to fill the void?

moupay

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2013
I use pandora downloader with mewseek and ifile to transfer the songs. My understanding is you can do the same thing with bridge and pandora downloader for cheaper. I bought both bridge and mewseek, and obviously price wise bridge is way better. Although mewseek lets you search specific songs and download them. I'm just not sure I trust that part of the app.

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
I use pandora downloader with mewseek and ifile to transfer the songs. My understanding is you can do the same thing with bridge and pandora downloader for cheaper. I bought both bridge and mewseek, and obviously price wise bridge is way better. Although mewseek lets you search specific songs and download them. I'm just not sure I trust that part of the app.

Which of these options allows syncing with itunes so that the songs can be transferred to other devices?

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Did Pandy do this? Because Pandora downloader versions can't be dragged into iTunes, idk y.

Yes. I have not personally used Pandy, as it is not supported on ios7. However, I have been explicitly told that imported songs are automatically synced with itunes (including artist, title, album art, etc), which results in the songs being transferred to other synced devices.

tvotony

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
Yes. I have not personally used Pandy, as it is not supported on ios7. However, I have been explicitly told that imported songs are automatically synced with itunes (including artist, title, album art, etc), which results in the songs being transferred to other synced devices.

But with pandora downloaded you have to convert the songs before they can get I'm ported

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
But with pandora downloaded you have to convert the songs before they can get I'm ported

Yes, this is why I'm looking for an alternative to pandy. Pandora downloader is not automated. Pandy does the conversion automatically. With Pandy, you click "save" while in pandora and that's it. It is added to the music app and when you sync to itunes it will also sync.

tvotony

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
Yes, this is why I'm looking for an alternative to pandy. Pandora downloader is not automated. Pandy does the conversion automatically. With Pandy, you click "save" while in pandora and that's it. It is added to the music app and when you sync to itunes it will also sync.

What if you use bridge to convert them

moupay

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2013
Which of these options allows syncing with itunes so that the songs can be transferred to other devices?

If it's in your itunes app, I don't know why it wouldn't sync into itunes itself. I have music sync off because I'm in another country and not using my normal computer.

What if you use bridge to convert them

The reason I like mewseek more, although it seems like more of a PITA to transfer the files over, it imports all the information automatically as well as the album art. Bridge I don't think does this. One drawback I've noticed though is it says, 0:00 for song times, but when you click on it it shows the time and plays normally.

xspaint

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2010
For anyone tracking this thread, Pandy now works on ios 7.

Awesome news. Been waiting for this for a while. Wonder if it will be available in another repo for purchase. $15 is a little steep for access when all I want is one app

moupay

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2013
For those interested, audioexplorer+ and ifile work great in conjunction with pandora downloader. Total price is 5-6 bucks for the set I think. Probably a little more complicated than pandy, but it works!

LJRicketts

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2014
Yes it does work. It works for the latest pandora and is much more efficient than the old pandy. Importing songs is faster too. Pay the $15 and you have the updates to pandy for life

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.