Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

konrad87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
Hi

i'm an italian Apple user since 10 years and i never had a problem with its devices until now. In these last two weeks i've seen dozens of unknown photos appearing in my Photo Stream folder. So in my Iphone 4 (firmware 5.1.1) and in my Macbook Pro (OsX 10.8.1) i've these photos of a stranger.

One of these photos is a snapshot of the iphone settings-> general-> Info panel.
So i know that he is an italian iphone 4s user ( model MD235IP) (Line provider: Vodafone IT 12.1) and is using this version of iOS: 6.0 (10A5376e).

i've called Apple today and i gave them the serial code of the stranger's device.
They told me that there is nothing they can do and that i can just change my AppleID password.
I've changed my pswd but right now i've received other two not-mine photos on my Mac and in my Iphone.

SO what i have to do?
i've never shared my personal photos and i can't think that this stranger can see my photos.

PLEASE HELP!

I know that maybe you don't believe me but i'm telling the truth. if you want i can give you the settings snapshot of this stranger and any other information.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Have you returned/sold any idevices without restoring them?

konrad87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
Have you returned/sold any idevices without restoring them?

no. i still have got the first generation iphone. and i'm the only person using my macbook and my iphone.
no nasty pic XD

konrad87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
i've been surfing the internet looking for a similar case and i've found nothing.
i've already called apple and they don't know what to do. i'm waiting for an answer.

this is the general info setting panel of the "other" iphone 4s

Attachments

• foto (5).JPG
    foto (5).JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 651

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
i've been surfing the internet looking for a similar case and i've found nothing.
i've already called apple and they don't know what to do. i'm waiting for an answer.

this is the general info setting panel of the "other" iphone 4s

Just out of curiosity. Since that's not your phone why did you scrub out the serial number ?

Are you sure that isn't yours ?

meskida

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
no. i still have got the first generation iphone. and i'm the only person using my macbook and my iphone.
no nasty pic XD
you have the first generation iPhone? If I am not mistaken, that doesn't support iCloud, does it?

hmmm....

Edit: scusa, you did say you had an iPhone4 on your first post.

Nicolas4ever

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
no nasty pic XD
hmm the original iPhone doesn't have any feature like the photo stream.
photo stream came live with iOS 5 and the original iphone can be updated till iOS 3.1.3

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
Guys, what he meant is that he has kept his old iPhones.

He currently has an iPhone 4

OP The only people who can solve this riddle are Apple.

konrad87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
1- i have an iphone 4. 32 gb version. i still have an "old" iphone (first generation).
iCloud is working on the iPhone 4

2- i've hidden the serial because i've seen lot of snapshot of the general info panel and the serial was hidden. but if you want i can give you his serial.

3- how can you logout icloud? i can disable photostreaming but i use this feature very often.

here are the two general info panel snapshot (the one with the cancelled serial is from my iphone 4)

Attachments

• foto.PNG
    foto.PNG
    95.1 KB · Views: 593
  • foto (5).JPG
    foto (5).JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 530

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Go to iCloud.com, and check for anything else that is not yours. Most important would be the "Find My iPhone" (which shouldn't be called that...) section. If another device is registered there, that is a dead giveaway.

konrad87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
i've changed my AppleId pswd again and i still receive unknown photos.

i don't want to create another apple id!!!

i don't know what to do!!!!

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
Just keep calling Apple until they tell you how to solve it. Book an appointment with a genius or something like that.

EDIT: Additionally, you can disable PhotoStream on all your devices to prevent new photos from being uploaded to PhotoStream, just in case they can see them.

Last edited:

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
It'd an unlocked iPhone 4S, GSM, 16GB, Black.

Activated LATE December 2011 (in Italy).

Have you tried Peace's suggestion?

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Maybe you share photostreams ? Or random pictures on you macbook are sync on photostream ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.