Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
From what I understand, there is supposed to be a special folder where your Panorama pictures go for easy finding. However, today, I just took a panorama and it still just remains in my camera roll.

I will say that the panorama didn't go the entire way the camera allowed. I had to finish before the arrow/line reached the end. That was because there wasn't anything else I wanted in the picture. Could this be why it's not recognizing it as a panorama?

Any ideas? Bug?

Thanks!

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
There's probably a certain width threshold for which it deems something as "panorama" as opposed to just a slightly wider photo. This also takes the pixel count into consideration, as a lower-res cropped photo won't suddenly be deemed "panorama" just because you take out the top and bottom.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
a lower-res cropped photo won't suddenly be deemed "panorama" just because you take out the top and bottom.

That actually happened to me once, I cropped a small box of text from a screenshot of safari and it showed up in the panorama album.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Probably pointless adding a comment almost 8 years later but got a DJI drone and none of its panoramic photos which at a full 180 deg are showing up, only ones taken on my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.