Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agentmouthwash

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2003
Originally posted by Macette
I don't think it's odd at all, considering us G5 owners just forked out a lot of cash (read: my entire income for this quarter), as long as waiting for MONTHS, plus putting our faith in a rev 1 product... yep, I reckon we deserve it.

My 0.02.

I just spent over $2700 on a new 15" Powerbook G4 just a week ago. I think I deserve it as well.

Macette

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2002
Melbourne
Originally posted by agentmouthwash
I just spent over $2700 on a new 15" Powerbook G4 just a week ago. I think I deserve it as well.

i can't argue with that. surely apple will look after us?

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Originally posted by Macette
I don't think it's odd at all, considering us G5 owners just forked out a lot of cash (read: my entire income for this quarter), as long as waiting for MONTHS, plus putting our faith in a rev 1 product... yep, I reckon we deserve it.

My 0.02.

I waited just as long for my PowerBook and forked out just as much cash as a PowerMac user, though. Wouldn't it be reasonable that I'd deserve a free upgrade just as much as you?

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
I certainly hope there's a grace period. My wife and I just added an iMac less than 2 weeks ago to our family and I will be PISSED if Apple doesn't give us the upgrade.

cheesy

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2003
Los Angeles, CA / Seattle, WA
I ordered my new PowerBook on September 16. I tried entering my serial number and purchase date in the upgrade (Up To Date) page and it worked. It's not free, but it's only $20. That's good enough for me, I was already willing to pay the $70 or whatever for the educational discount.

I already got my confirmation too (I think it was the confirmation)

microrario

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by cheesy
I ordered my new PowerBook on September 16. I tried entering my serial number and purchase date in the upgrade (Up To Date) page and it worked. It's not free, but it's only $20. That's good enough for me, I was already willing to pay the $70 or whatever for the educational discount.

I already got my confirmation too (I think it was the confirmation)

That piece of information just made my day considering I bought the same product on the same exact day. Except I have not even recieved the powerbook yet...

MasterMac

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Yep. I too was able to get the $20 up-to-date thingy for my PB that I got on the 17th :D now I gotta go cancle my other educational discount order :p

tizza

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
I waited just as long for my PowerBook and forked out just as much cash as a PowerMac user, though. Wouldn't it be reasonable that I'd deserve a free upgrade just as much as you?
Ditto - waited a long time for my new 15" PB - I would have prehaps even been prepared to wait until Panther was pre-installed if it wasn't for the fact I HAD to get a new computer at the time - don't even ask what I had to pay down here in Australia ...

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by agentmouthwash
Doesn't Apple usually give us a 30 day grace period?
I couldn't remember, and Apple had already removed all info from the last Mac OS Up-to-Date program when I looked.

The last one is probably still on the site, here, but I'm too lazy to search.

But Apple does make treat the pre-Announcement dog & pony show different than the actual "New OS is shipping On x Day" announcement.

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2002
Washington State University
Why don't we just pay $10 a month ($5 for students) to get a subscription to Mac OS X Update and they can give us new features as soon as they invent them instead of putting everything in big releases like Panther?

kulafarmer

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2003
Works for me

I bought a 15" 1.25Ghz powerbook at an Apple store on 9.17.03.

I logged in on update with this date and my s/n.

I got the update for $19.95 plus tax and $7.00 for 2 day shipping.

Thanks Apple and thanks to you who borught it to my attention

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.