Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarksEvilTwin

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2002
??

That's bizarre. Is Apple getting lazy with their posting? They post specs for G5 early, a bad 10.2.8, now this? i dunno, it's just odd, especially seeing that we're at GM now with a release date set.

Mark

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
It's quite possible that 7B85 could have another build under its belt before it's released. The retail boxes could be made way in advance and cd duplication at a major factory would just take a day or so, then a day for packaging. Apple gave us a 2 week countdown, stopping the seeds even before then. That would give them enough time for another build if necessary.

Just something to chew on.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Hell, we haven't had an ADC seed posted since the 20th of September (7B24). I've concluded that the GM will come in the mail. That's what they did with 7B28. I think if they did put GM up for download now, the site would be swamped for a week.

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
yeah Apple.com has been rather sloppy of late. Maybe they're shuffling people around since the G5 specs snafoo. For sure they're not going to post a version for developers at this late stage in the game. What's the ticker say? 10 days, 3 hours...

nacl99

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2003
AZ
more then that

I got 7b85 from bit torrent about 2 weeks ago. its been there for awhile

Alexander

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2003
Palo Alto, CA
Originally posted by daveL
Hell, we haven't had an ADC seed posted since the 20th of September (7B24). I've concluded that the GM will come in the mail. That's what they did with 7B28. I think if they did put GM up for download now, the site would be swamped for a week.

I agree. It frustrates me that they don't get us the final faster, though. I mean, checking against prerelase builds is good, but checking against GM before release is critical.

We'll probably be lucky to get it in our mailboxes by the 24th. :/

tabarnak

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2003
Montreal
i guess this is the confimation that 7B85 is the GM.

Originally posted by lewdvig
It was on bit torrent all weekend.

I wonder where these leaks come from.

How do you find stuff on bit torrent? i just don't get it.

MasterMac

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Originally posted by tabarnak
i guess this is the confimation that 7B85 is the GM.

How do you find stuff on bit torrent? i just don't get it.

You can do a google search for some bittorrent sites which list places where you can download different torrent files. I know one right now but I'm pretty sure that it would be against the rules to post the link here so my best suggestion would be to just do a google search for it.

huckleup

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2003
Left Coast
Originally posted by daveL
I think you meant 7B74, not 7B24, as being the last seed posted on ADC.

I sure hope they post the GM online, as I have a seed key, but not a CD mailing subscription. (The Seed Key Asset was transferred to me as a contractor.)

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Originally posted by huckleup
I think you meant 7B74, not 7B24, as being the last seed posted on ADC.

I sure hope they post the GM online, as I have a seed key, but not a CD mailing subscription. (The Seed Key Asset was transferred to me as a contractor.)
Actually, I meant 7B28, the WWDC preview. It was up on bitTorrent first, then I received it twice in the mail, then they put the next build up for D/L from ADC (and every seed after that, until 7B85).

I'm sure there will be a D/L at some point, but it may not be until the CD gets mailed out to everyone. We'll see.

kb9000

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2003
(Lab)
Originally posted by MasterMac
I know one right now but I'm pretty sure that it would be against the rules to post the link here so my best suggestion would be to just do a google search for it.

Yeah, better safe than sorry... BitTorrent is definately kickass though, even for legal uses!

akac

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2003
Colorado
I believe that the MAIN reason they have not posted 85 (GM) to ADC members is BECAUSE of all the leaking at Bittorrent and elsewhere.

So as far as I'm concerened...we're screwed as ADC members because of Bittorrent and the like.

stuckwithme247

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by akac
I believe that the MAIN reason they have not posted 85 (GM) to ADC members is BECAUSE of all the leaking at Bittorrent and elsewhere.

So as far as I'm concerened...we're screwed as ADC members because of Bittorrent and the like.

This isn't the first form of downloading/sharing to emerge.

Alexander

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2003
Palo Alto, CA
Originally posted by akac

And yet 7b85 has been available on Bittorrent for ages now, and (non-premier) ADC members STILL don't have access to it. Hmm.

akac

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2003
Colorado
Yeah, I agree. It sucks.

I personally believe that Apple is trying to show us that hey, leaks better stop or they may stop letting us download NDA builds.

Sometimes the fun of the few ruin the progress of the many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.