Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buddha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
Somewhere too cold
I am interesting in hearing reports about how Panther interacts with cpu upgrades. I'm looking at picking up a sonnet or OWC 1gig upgrade for my sawtooth and want to avoid unpleasantries. ;)

Thanks,

Buddha

StrongGlad

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2003
I installed an OWC 1.4 GHz upgrade in my Sawtooth just a few days ago. It ran beautifully on Jaguar, and, so far, has not given me any problems on Panther.

I got a TERRIFIC speed boost out of the upgrade, by the way. It's hard to believe this 4 1/2 year old machine is running the lastest and greatest OS without missing a beat. The 1.4 was a bit pricey, but worth it, IMO.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Originally posted by StrongGlad
I installed an OWC 1.4 GHz upgrade in my Sawtooth just a few days ago. It ran beautifully on Jaguar, and, so far, has not given me any problems on Panther.

I got a TERRIFIC speed boost out of the upgrade, by the way. It's hard to believe this 4 1/2 year old machine is running the lastest and greatest OS without missing a beat. The 1.4 was a bit pricey, but worth it, IMO.

Good to hear. I've got a GigaDesigns 1.25 (oc'd to 1.33) in my Sawtooth. Jaguar runs beautifully, and I'm excited about Panther.

As a side not regarding upgrades, I'm really glad I bought the card, as when I used a G5 (1.8) recently, that's the first machine I've used since that really made me feel the speed difference would be dramatic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.