Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bear

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Panther bugs so far:
  1. iSub doesn't mute with the mute key (iMac 17" FP) - Just the Pro speakers mute.
  2. Disk Utility has no preferences option - you can't set defaults like you could for Disk Copy in 10.2.
  3. A firewire harddrive will still appear on the desktop even if you have the finder set not to show harddrives. A FW disk appears to be in the same category as CD/DVD/iPod.
  4. The only place to set the default web browser is apparently within Safari. I can see this as being an additional place to set it, but not the only place.
    [/list=1] Although some might call some of the above list features.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Another "Bug" for you,

They Broke My Clock.
I'm a strange American, who uses the 24 hour clock, however, I append "Hrs." To the time, so I realize that it is in 24hour time. Now, OSX broke my ability to add "Hrs." to the time. I can do it Gnome, and Windows, why not in OSX.3??

TEG

Bear

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by sparkleytone
there are plenty of bugs in the GM build. but its as close to perfect as they needed to be. theres always 10.3.1 :D
True enough. However, I'll be reporting every bug to Apple just in case they are ones they haven't found yet.

Golem

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
Sydney,Australia
Some of my help files arent right.

I have 2 users and the main user has new Panther help files.

But the 2nd user still has the help files from 10.2 Ie whats new in 10.2:)

Some problems with frames in camino but I can try a later nightly build and it wont get kill me to use safari as its only a couple of minor things that keep me using camino.

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
Originally posted by Bear
True enough. However, I'll be reporting every bug to Apple just in case they are ones they haven't found yet.

I'm sure they'll get about two-hundred eighty-three thousand four-hundred sixty-four anyway, but can't hurt. I STILl submit safari bugs, B/C THEY ARE NUMEROUS......

Golem

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
Sydney,Australia
heh another 1.

Under 10.2 I had appletalk off and printed fine to my canon on the network.

10.3 Gives me a nice new flashing printer icon and says Appletalk is off . delete Job,Delete all Jobs ,cancel printing. Umm just print please??

Turned appletalk on and it prints fine now but it didnt need appletalk before:)

Schiffi

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Missouri
Re: Panther Bugs (or is that a "feature")

Panther bugs so far:
  1. A firewire harddrive will still appear on the desktop even if you have the finder set not to show harddrives. A FW disk appears to be in the same category as CD/DVD/iPod.
    [/list=1] Although some might call some of the above list features.

1. I say that's a feature. I hide my drives off my desktop, but I'd love to have my FW drive show up and not the internal ones. Just because it is a removable drive and all. Though, I haven't gotten Panther... yet

Bear

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Re: Re: Panther Bugs (or is that a "feature")

Originally posted by Schiffi
I say that's a feature. I hide my drives off my desktop, but I'd love to have my FW drive show up and not the internal ones. Just because it is a removable drive and all. Though, I haven't gotten Panther... yet
Maybe they should have a seperate category in the Panther Finder Preferences for firewire/usb harddrives. I can live with an extra checkbox.

c2kvette

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2003
Charlotte, North Carolina USA
Re: Panther Bugs (or is that a "feature")

Panther bugs so far:
  1. iSub doesn't mute with the mute key (iMac 17" FP) - Just the Pro speakers mute.

1. Gee thats odd, mine works perfectly. Wouldn't mute in Jaguar but works perfect in Panther.

I do have a few gripes though:
    I wish fast user switching was as fast as Expose.

And in some programs resizing the window still has that slow jerky feeling and then in others its great.

And my Systems Preferences plane is slow.

mxpiazza

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
cleveland, oh
Re: Re: Panther Bugs (or is that a "feature")

Originally posted by c2kvette
Gee thats odd, mine works perfectly. Wouldn't mute in Jaguar but works perfect in Panther.

I do have a few gripes though:
I wish fast user switching was as fast as Expose.

And in some programs resizing the window still has that slow jerky feeling and then in others its great.

And my Systems Preferences plane is slow.
for me (rev. b 12" 1GHz pb), when both users are already logged in, fast user switching IS as fast as expose... it's so much fun just switching users, i could do it all day. if the second user isn't logged in, it's obviously not going to be lightning fast.

i can agree with the window resizing thing.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by TEG
Another "Bug" for you,

They Broke My Clock.
I'm a strange American, who uses the 24 hour clock, however, I append "Hrs." To the time, so I realize that it is in 24hour time. Now, OSX broke my ability to add "Hrs." to the time. I can do it Gnome, and Windows, why not in OSX.3??

TEG

i think most people identify the clock as a 24 hour format if the first number is higher than 12... if you actually get confused and think it's 14 o'clock, i don't know what to tell you...

pnw

tati

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2003
YUL
Feature with a Bug?

When using Exposé to show all windows, typing the tab key while they are "exposed" allows one to scroll through all the windows, bringing each to the front individually. I like this feature. However, if you decide to switch to have Exposé show only the windows of the front application and think you can scroll through just those, sol. It defaults to all windows. This is an unfortunate bug.

Juventuz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2002
Binghamton
iCal no longer works for me. I've reinstalled it a couple times and have exhausted all options.

None of my Microsoft Office v.X apps work anymore either. I'm having trouble with Photoshop as well. My System Preferences icon never changed to the new one. Not to mention how slow my PB has become.

I've used the beta version of Panther since WWDC and had NO problems. Everything worked smoothly and I noticed a considerable increase in speed. Now that I go and install the final version of Panther that I just had to buy last night I get a ton of problems and it's slower that it was in Jaguar.

I for one am SORELY disappointed.

m_gerbik

macrumors member
May 27, 2003
The Big Scrapple
Originally posted by paulwhannel
i think most people identify the clock as a 24 hour format if the first number is higher than 12... if you actually get confused and think it's 14 o'clock, i don't know what to tell you...

pnw
excellent! :D
Was going to say something, but you beat me to the punch.

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
Anybody else find it hard to rename folders in list view? i have to swith between list and icon just to rename, else I open that folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.