Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Every time I put my 12" PowerBook (RevA) to sleep and wake it the display is set to the awful washed-out factory default calibration and I have to open System Prefs and set it each time, it's getting quite lame. I'm not losing anny other settings so I don't think it's a battery thing or anything. I've fixed permissions, run fsck -y, etc. I sent a report to Apple, just thought someone here might have an idea I hadn't thought of.

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
Panther Loses Display Settings...

Originally posted by tjwett
Every time I put my 12" PowerBook (RevA) to sleep and wake it the display is set to the awful washed-out factory default calibration and I have to open System Prefs and set it each time, it's getting quite lame. I'm not losing anny other settings so I don't think it's a battery thing or anything. I've fixed permissions, run fsck -y, etc. I sent a report to Apple, just thought someone here might have an idea I hadn't thought of.

After a start up or turning monitors power off for more than an 5 hours, Panther defaults to 800 X 600 resolution. Is there any way to stop it from doing this? I have to go into sys prefs and redtect it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.