Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
hey guys, i was just wondering if there is a functional panther theming app yet... i don't think i am going to use panther till there is a reasonably reliable way to make it look like jag again, at least to some extent. the toned down stripes is OK, but those gray bars are ass ugly. just no. and i need to get Finder back to aqua. can that be done?

zaphoyd

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2002
Wisconsin/Illinois
metalfizer

Unsanity's Metalifizer is currently in alpha testing (downloadable alpha from unsanity.org) that can change finder to aqua. It still has some signifigant redraw bugs with certain parts though. It is probably best to wait for final version, unless you really need the metal gone.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
wow, that's wonderful to see that they are pretty well on the ball in terms of having their haxies ready for panther. most of the main ones look like they'll be done within a week.

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
I know what you're thinking, but if it's in alpha, I'd stay away. Generally it's stable enough, but give it a few weeks to hit beta, ya know?

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
check out Max's Themes. i'm pretty certain that i read something there about an app that converts/updates themes to be compatible with 10.3.

or are you talking about the app that applies the theme? i'm not too sure about that... but i guess they'll have that all sorted out really quick. :)

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by cb911
check out Max's Themes. i'm pretty certain that i read something there about an app that converts/updates themes to be compatible with 10.3.

or are you talking about the app that applies the theme? i'm not too sure about that... but i guess they'll have that all sorted out really quick. :)
yeah. i hope someone comes out with a jaguar-style theme for Panther, too, though. thanks for the linkage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.