Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SigEp265

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Southern California
Is there a paperlink screen protector that doesn't eat through your pencil's tip? I know the paperlike is supposed to be rough but is there a way to preserve the tip? Thanks

JWGold

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
United States
I’m using an iCarez Matte screen for my previous iPad, and a Xiron Paperfeel Screen Protector for my Gen 5 iPad. The iCarez is much less aggressive but not quite as “paper like.” The Xiron does have a rough texture which I imagine will wear the pencil tips, but it is a better surface to draw or write on.

I figure if you are an artist or someone who uses an iPad to write on a lot, you kind of have to treat the pen tips like consumables, just like real ink and paper. That being said, I ordered 4 pen tips off Amazon and plan to change them out as needed.

CRX

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2019
Ottawa
Was just about to suggest iCarez. It feels almost like newspaper - quite a nice sensation for browsing Apple News or websites. Just bear in mind that there will be a little bit of visual rainbowing/grain going on. If your primary use is sketching and/or notetaking, however, it's not annoying enough to warrant not using one.

Another brand that seems to be well-received on Amazon (Canada) is Homy Paperfeel. Waiting for my iPad 9 to arrive and then I'll probably try one of those out. Had iCarez on my Mini 5 and it was great but they seem to be hard to find online for me for iPad 9.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.