Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I did try to play Age of empire 1 with my friend. I can play AOE in parllels works fine, and then we did install hamachi to play. But I dont get the ip adress that hamachi give me and I cant ping my friend in hamachi either. Do I have to change something in parallels to get it to work?

IBitePrettyHard

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
I had the same problem using Hamachi too! I was trying to play Starcraft with a friend the other day, but we couldn't join each other's lobby to play. I was able to connect to him on the "buddy list" and even chat with him in Hamachi, but we couldn't connect in the game itself.

Spartan-117

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2007
were are u running harmichi ? it wont work if ur running harmichi in windows as the LAN port that it think it has in windows is a virtual one, so most likely you need to run harmichi in osX then direct the traffic through it from parallels :)

P.S Harmichi rules file sharing across the country :D and lan games across the country :D dont know why soo many people dont use it :(

IBitePrettyHard

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
were are u running harmichi ? it wont work if ur running harmichi in windows as the LAN port that it think it has in windows is a virtual one, so most likely you need to run harmichi in osX then direct the traffic through it from parallels :)

P.S Harmichi rules file sharing across the country :D and lan games across the country :D dont know why soo many people dont use it :(
I'm not that good at the networking side...how would I route traffic from Hamachi to Parallels?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.