Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MFJones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
I'm using an M1 MBP with Parallels Desktop 17 which works generally pretty well with one very annoying issue that i'm hoping someone might have found a solution for.

Whether using the MBP trackpad or a logitech MX Master 3 mouse i have the same issue which is that there seems to be a bit of a delay/lag when scrolling in the windows environment. it is most notable in folder panes (in file explorer or outlook for instance). it is almost like it needs to be scrolled very hard to get enough momentum for it to start and then it's very slow and not smooth.

I have tried adjusting all the mouse settings, how many lines to scroll, etc. I have tried adjusting to optimize for games or not optimize for games in parallels configuration and I can't seem to solve this. I even tried to enter some code into the boot flags that i found on the parallels forums but it doesnt help at all.

if anyone has any ideas that would be a big help and thank you.

MFJones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
I'm using an M1 MBP with Parallels Desktop 17 which works generally pretty well with one very annoying issue that i'm hoping someone might have found a solution for.

Whether using the MBP trackpad or a logitech MX Master 3 mouse i have the same issue which is that there seems to be a bit of a delay/lag when scrolling in the windows environment. it is most notable in folder panes (in file explorer or outlook for instance). it is almost like it needs to be scrolled very hard to get enough momentum for it to start and then it's very slow and not smooth.

I have tried adjusting all the mouse settings, how many lines to scroll, etc. I have tried adjusting to optimize for games or not optimize for games in parallels configuration and I can't seem to solve this. I even tried to enter some code into the boot flags that i found on the parallels forums but it doesnt help at all.

if anyone has any ideas that would be a big help and thank you.
I have another issue that popped up. I had windows 10 installed on my parallels account previously and installed windows 11. It works fine, but for certain files, even though i've set the default apps to use, the system tries to use the Windows 10 version of that app (excel) vs. the Windows 11 version of the app and opening the file fails.

The only way I can get the file to open is to right click and say open with the windows 11 version of excel. Does anyone know how to remove the Windows 10 version of these apps entirely so that it can't try to use them to open files?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.