Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felipesalomao

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2015
Hi, on ios 10 was introduced new function that notify where you parked car automatically, then add pin in maps, it help locate it after if necessary.

Problem is that I was not able to make it work any time.

Maps in settings have toggle called show parked car. It already is activated.
I have bluetooth in my car and it connects automatically when I enter in car.
I have ios 10, iphone 6.

How it is supposed to work?

Not need open apple, just drive and when you exit car Ir will notify with location pin (again, not need maps opened?), i tested this way and also tested with Apple maps opened all route and even doing this, it not added pin where I parked my car (outside)..

Someone could help, this is excellent function and I wasn't able to make it work yet.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. Are you in the United States? I hadn't heard that this was geographically limited, but it is possible.

felipesalomao

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2015
Perhaps could be this. I don't know if it is limited only for few counties. I am from brazil. For someone that it work, how it work? Need open some time apple maps/keep in background or it just work even without apple maps opened, just exit vehicle and receive notification with pin location?

Thanks.

Hype-149

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Hi, on ios 10 was introduced new function that notify where you parked car automatically, then add pin in maps, it help locate it after if necessary.

Problem is that I was not able to make it work any time.

Maps in settings have toggle called show parked car. It already is activated.
I have bluetooth in my car and it connects automatically when I enter in car.
I have ios 10, iphone 6.

How it is supposed to work?

Not need open apple, just drive and when you exit car Ir will notify with location pin (again, not need maps opened?), i tested this way and also tested with Apple maps opened all route and even doing this, it not added pin where I parked my car (outside)..

Someone could help, this is excellent function and I wasn't able to make it work yet.

I'm pretty sure you need to have Frequent Locations enabled under Settings > Privacy > Location Services >System Services > toggle Frequent locations to ON. Along with the show parked car toggle in the Maps sections.

felipesalomao

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2015
I'm pretty sure you need to have Frequent Locations enabled under Settings > Privacy > Location Services >System Services > toggle Frequent locations to ON. Along with the show parked car toggle in the Maps sections.
Excellent tip. Was disabled here because in past I disabled all unnecessary location services to save battery, before it only was used for remember task in specific place location. Then it wasn't relevant for me and I disabled it. Activated it now and will test if it will work. If so, will post here.

In yours works? It's necessary open apple map and keep it in underground or something? Or just works automatically even without open maps any moment before or after Park car? Thanks a lot.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Excellent tip. Was disabled here because in past I disabled all unnecessary location services to save battery, before it only was used for remember task in specific place location. Then it wasn't relevant for me and I disabled it. Activated it now and will test if it will work. If so, will post here.

In yours works? It's necessary open apple map and keep it in underground or something? Or just works automatically even without open maps any moment before or after Park car? Thanks a lot.

Is just works. Once paired with your vehicle, your iPhone automatically remembers the last place you had a Bluetooth connection with your vehicle and will automatically show it to you, tell you how far away you are and provide directions from the "Maps Destination" widget.

Reactions: felipesalomao

Hype-149

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC

I turned it off after a few days of testing it during the beta period. I might turn it back on when I hit the road for work soon.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
It worked once for me and then didn't work again. I have frequent locations turned on etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.