Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Ok so what everyone has been telling me isnt working at all. My situation is I have a van driving down the block with markers on it.(Red tape like this +) There are 2 trackers. I then bring my footage into AE and then I track it with 2 points a scale and position track. I did this to put the Words Toyota Van on it just a practice. This worked ok i had to manually touch up some keyframe but it worked good. I then exported a random frame like everyone said and brought it to photoshop to clean and paint out the markers. I cloed them out. Then i brought the clean plate (frame) into AE and did a Single Point position motion track and applied the data to this clean plate.

The thing is now when i erase the the footage beacsue the clean plate is underneath its not working its clean for the one frame i cleaned then thats it. Any help. Could it be i need to clean the very first frame so it tracks perfectly in video or is this method only if the trackers are still in the footage.Example a tracker on a bottle sitting on a table and just the camera moves.

RAS admin

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2004
Berkshires, Mass.
Make sure it is a regular .tif from Photoshop (not a tiff image sequence). Drag .tif into project window and then drag it to the timeline. The single frame should run the entire length of the clip (you will see it in the timeline).

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
the single frame does run the entire length of the clip. My whole problem is it doesnt follow perfectly under the source footage . The first frame i erase the marker and it shows thru which is good. It shows the bottom layer which is the clean plate. But once it starts moving im shot.

Attachments

• VanTrackMarkers(0;00;02;27).jpg
    VanTrackMarkers(0;00;02;27).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 92
  • VanTrackMarkersPainted(0;00;02;27).jpg
    VanTrackMarkersPainted(0;00;02;27).jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 110

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Can no one point me in the right direction on how to paint out markers when the camera is movie. Or vice versa moving markers if the object like the van is moving? This is a very common workflow being that its done in all shots that have motion tracking.

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
THanks lethal thats a pretty good forum from what browsed really quick. I googled after effects forums and didnt really see it come up. Got anymore good ones :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.