Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
So I've been using PassSource.com to put passes manually into Passbook for apps that don't yet support it. It was going well until it started grouping my passes? It put three of them in a group, where if you tap on one, you can swipe left and right between the group of three.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Just Dave

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
It is a feature of PassBook. If you bought tickets for your family to a movie or other event, it would group all of the passes together for easy access. There must be something common with your passes?

Dave

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
It is a feature of PassBook. If you bought tickets for your family to a movie or other event, it would group all of the passes together for easy access. There must be something common with your passes?

Dave

The only thing they have in common is that they're all from PassSource.com. But I have two other passes I added also from PassSource.com that aren't grouped. Strange.

mtreys

macrumors member
May 22, 2012
College Station, TX
This happened to me as well. I noticed it grouped my Best Buy reward card as well as my Gamestop card. The Kroger and Petsmart I put in were separate but the two "tech" ones were together. That's the only thing that I can honestly think of. And, yes, I put all of those in via Pass Source.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
This happened to me as well. I noticed it grouped my Best Buy reward card as well as my Gamestop card. The Kroger and Petsmart I put in were separate but the two "tech" ones were together. That's the only thing that I can honestly think of. And, yes, I put all of those in via Pass Source.

For me it grouped Staples, Petsmart PetPerks and my Regal Crown card. Those three don't really have anything in common so I'm really confused as to why they're being grouped but the other's I've put in via PassSource.com aren't.

Update: deleted all three and added them back one at a time. Staples and Regal Crown Card added fine with no grouping but as soon as I added my PetPerks card, it got grouped with my Staples Card.

Last edited:

mtreys

macrumors member
May 22, 2012
College Station, TX
No idea why it would group them as such. The only thing I can think of is that we're using Pass Source instead of using an actual approved app or method. But I could be way off. This just needs to be implemented better. I love the premise but not the execution....so far anyways.

mtreys

macrumors member
May 22, 2012
College Station, TX
I find it odd that this site asks for some log in information that has nothing to do with the pass for some things. It sketches me out.

That bothered me as well, but I think it has to do with updating your passbook to show how many reward points you have. I think it asks that since it's not from the actual store itself, ala Walgreens. I think in due time each store will begin pushing out options so we don't have to use this Pass Source website. It's just a matter of us all wanting them to work right now and they're not :mad:

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
I find it odd that this site asks for some log in information that has nothing to do with the pass for some things. It sketches me out.

I have not seen a pass that asked for login information that wasn't relevant to the pass itself.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
If I create passes with pass source.com will the pass come up on the lock screen? I put a petsmart pass. And it doesn't show when I'm in the store.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
That bothered me as well, but I think it has to do with updating your passbook to show how many reward points you have. I think it asks that since it's not from the actual store itself, ala Walgreens. I think in due time each store will begin pushing out options so we don't have to use this Pass Source website. It's just a matter of us all wanting them to work right now and they're not :mad:

That makes sense... but I guess I'll wait for the official apps before adding those particular passes.

adm58

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
It's grouping passes together because they all share a common signing certificate. In this case, they share PassSource's cert. So far as I can tell, there is no way around this except to become a registered paid developer and generate your own certificates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.