Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Any advice on the issue below would be appreciated. It applies to my mother's iPad and we are not at the same location. I don't think asking her to reset the device is a workable option, so I am trying to at least figure out what the problem is.

A few weeks ago I gave my mother my iPad mini 4 running iOS 12. I set it up with her Apple ID and all functions were working.

Today, she noticed that Find My Friends was not functional. I asked her to check her account info in Settings, and she noticed a question mark with a message that some functions were unavailable because her account information needed to be updated. (As mentioned above, everything was working a few weeks ago.). She input her iCloud password, but all that does it create a loop - the same box opens asking for the Password; she inputs the password; the box opens up again.

She also mentioned that when she uses the device, every so often a box would pop up asking for the password but she was able to select Cancel and move on.

When I set up up the iPad, I did not include a Passcode in order to keep things simple. Could that have anything to do with the password request? But I still don't understand why the correct password is not being accepted. And other features like Messages are still working fine.

Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.