Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
As I'm recycling trusty Xs, I'm being asked to provide Passcode.
If I now change my other devices does that mean Xs will be changed.
Slightly confused, as seems my recent Passcode was matched across all 3 or 4 devices.
I'm using 12 Mini IPad 11" Ap watch se1 and awaiting Xs to be recycled.

Please confirm if I should slightly change Passcode 3 current devices individually, as I've e-mailed current Passcode for Xs to be unlocked.

t.I.a.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
Your passcode is specific to your device, your AppleID password is the same on all devices.

If you didn’t wipe them before selling then they’re probably still iCloud locked.

If so you can remove them from your account via a website. Let me know if you need this and I’ll find it.

Reactions: Donfor39

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Thanks
I don't recall when I wiped Xs or setup Mini recently, what exactly I was doing when I chose 'use Passcode' across all iCloud devices -or something to that effect.

Whilst I still see All devices including Xs via find my phone and iCloud.com
It shows Xs as recently Erased since 13/11
I think I signed out of iCloud and probably used Erase option and took screenshot of startup screen.

This is recycle request.
Dear Customer, Thank you for taking the time in sending your device. Unfortunately We cannot accept password locked devices.
How to resolve the issues: Please provide the passcode for the device. We cannot accept icloud/account and or password

Which is Fine I since sent recent Pascode, though I need to understand If I tonight choose new Passcodes for Non Xs devices that it won't change Xs passcode again.

Thanks hopefully it makes sense.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
@KrisLord

Since rest Passcodes for useable 3 devices.
Xs recycle today confirmed that it has been unlocked.

Thankfully changed 1 digit on each device to avoid any unexpected locked scenarios.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.