Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machenryr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
10.10.5. I'm trying to open a project from someone else done on her garageband. I'm trying to open it on my Mac, in my garageband. I don't use GB so it's in need of updating. I go to app store. No updating options but I can GET it again. I click install and put in my password. It doesn't work. I'm given a code on my iPhone. The dialogue says to enter my password again followed by the new access code. I've done this repeatedly last night and today, in different ways. It doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do? Delete GB?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
10.10.5. I'm trying to open a project from someone else done on her garageband. I'm trying to open it on my Mac, in my garageband. I don't use GB so it's in need of updating. I go to app store. No updating options but I can GET it again. I click install and put in my password. It doesn't work. I'm given a code on my iPhone. The dialogue says to enter my password again followed by the new access code. I've done this repeatedly last night and today, in different ways. It doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do? Delete GB?
When you get the code on your phone, you enter that at the end of your password on the App Store app on your computer.
For example if your password is "password" and the code you receive is 123456, you enter the password on your App Store app on the Mac as "password123456". Is that what you're doing?

Reactions: machenryr

machenryr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
I got it. Apple Support is so much better now than it used to be. And they no longer charge?? Anyway, 2009 MacPro. The instructions for doing this, at least for my model, are a little screwy. I had to put the access code directly after the password that I'd already put in with no spaces. But it never said this, so I was running around like a clown in a circus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.