Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I migrated my 100's of Web logins from 1Password into Keychain yesterday ( quite a long process! ) using my Mac, and then tested it on my iPhone.

Then I tested it on my iPad by spot-checking logins that I had added.

Problem 1) none of them were there.
Fix: I fixed that by logging in/out of iCloud on my iPad. Afterwards, the newly added accounts were there.

Problem 2) I navigated to Macrumors and tested to see if it would prompt me to use the stored password. Nothing.
I navigated to Macrumors on my iPhone, and it prompted me to use the stored password.
The problem turned out to be that I was using a Smart keyboard with shortcuts disabled in Keyboard settings.
Fix: I turned shortcuts on and tested the login again. The shortcut bar appeared and prompted me to select which credentials I wanted to use to login.

WIN!

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
I migrated my 100's of Web logins from 1Password into Keychain yesterday ( quite a long process! ) using my Mac, and then tested it on my iPhone.

Then I tested it on my iPad by spot-checking logins that I had added.

Problem 1) none of them were there.
Fix: I fixed that by logging in/out of iCloud on my iPad. Afterwards, the newly added accounts were there.

Problem 2) I navigated to Macrumors and tested to see if it would prompt me to use the stored password. Nothing.
I navigated to Macrumors on my iPhone, and it prompted me to use the stored password.
The problem turned out to be that I was using a Smart keyboard with shortcuts disabled in Keyboard settings.
Fix: I turned shortcuts on and tested the login again. The shortcut bar appeared and prompted me to select which credentials I wanted to use to login.

WIN!
How did you do said migration...

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
How did you do said migration...
it wasn’t easy.

Export 1password logins to csv
install old, pre-quantum version of firefox ( I think that it was version 56)
reformat data to meet firefox data format requirements
import passwords into firefox
import firefox passwords into Safari

Last edited:
Reactions: gobikerider
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.