Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
As I predicted, iPadOS won’t read my password encrypted usb-c flash drive.. Since All the reviews shows flash drives without password protection on them, I assumed it was a bad warning, as almost everybody would password protect their private files and information. It’s common logic.

Anyone who has been able to use their password encrypted flash drive on their iPad with iPadOS? If not, where you able to find any solution to the problem, that you could share with me? I’m not willing to remove my password for the sake of using my flash drive.. If I cannot use it without password, then there’s nothing “computer” about the iPadOS after all..

Last edited:

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
I just updated my iPad to “iPadOS” and as I predicted it doesn’t read my usb c flash drive, which has a password to access it. It doesn’t even ask for a password. tell me it’s just a bug or something? This is so disappointing ! I’m not going to disable my password For the sake of making it show up on my iPad..
How is your flash drive formatted?

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
How is your flash drive formatted?
Oh, God. I don't even remember, I just followed a tutorial. When I check Disk utility it says it's "apfs encrypted"(I just followed a tutorial). Idk if that is what you meant by formatted?

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
Anybody who has experience using a password encrypted usb c flash drive on iPad os?

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
Typically a password encrypted flash drive cant be opened anywhere but on the machine it was encrypted with.
Omg... isn’t there a way to have a password on my flash drive and get access to it on my iPad? (obviously, having to ask for a password on the iPad as well)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.