Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

premierpark

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Hi!

I'm looking for a password manager application that works on ios and windows and is secure.

What do you recommend?

Thank you

premierpark

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
I would recommend Enpass.
It's a one-time purchase, no subscription.
My recommendation is always https://safe-in-cloud.com/en/ free desktop app (Mac & Windows) you pay only for the ios or android version, you keep you data on the cloud service of your choice ( OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox etc..) and has extensions for Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge Dev ( Chromium based) and Chrome. Under iOS it integrates with iOS face recognition. No subscriptions.
thank you.

what do you think about pwSafe 2?

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
1Password. Plus, do a search. Plenty of discussion on this topic already

Reactions: max2

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I'm a long time 1Password user and subscriber, on Windows, macOS, and iOS.

Reactions: max2

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Echo mSecure: been using it for years, seems solid re: security (no central server database, strong encryption, keys not held in the open).

Also tried Enpass for a while, also nice re: no centralized server to sync through.

Don't think I saw anyone mention KeePass: open source, cross platform, a couple iOS apps to handle that format.

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
Another vote for 1Password. It works and syncs perfectly on my MacOS, iOS and Windows platforms. Been using it for years and it's never let me down.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Maddie Taylor

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2020
I use the one called KeyReel. It allows you to store passwords and logins on your device which is safer than storing such information online (after so many security breaches I don't trust clouds, unfortunately)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.