Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lawcomic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
The only thing I miss about my Treo is the ability to use Datashield for password storage.

Any web-based or other solutions that are iPhone compatible? I wish you could seperately encrypt the notes...I don't like doing the lockdown code overall.

davpel

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2007
Well, that was remarkably helpful.

Try PasswordSafe.com. It is online storage of passwords accessible via iPhone. Company has been around awhile and has gotten decent reviews, so I think it's pretty safe. Not as convenient as a dedicated app, but the best we can hope for right now.

theinstructor

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
Look, I know we want cool apps like this but guys, DON'T go putting your passwords on some anonymous website for "storage". Yeah storage sure that's what I would do...think secure! :apple:

davpel

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2007
Look, I know we want cool apps like this but guys, DON'T go putting your passwords on some anonymous website for "storage". Yeah storage sure that's what I would do...think secure! :apple:

While I would generally agree with you, as I tried to point out this is a site that has been around a long time, has been reviewed by major publications (e.g. PC Magazine and CNET) and has received positive user reviews. It does not appear to be some fly-by-night operation.

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
I want an version of eWallet for my iPhone. If Apple would make it possible for Ilium Software to develop this product, they would do so -- and they'd do it well.

So how long will we have to wait?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.