Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
Hi!

I would like to add a cutout of a picture onto another picture. Is this possible with an iPhone or do I need Windows + Paint for this?

I already know I can hold something and then I can even save it. But if I try to move it to another picture and let go it will disappear.

Thanks!
K.

coolguy4747

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
It is possible with an iPhone, but not with any default apps. You will need to download another app, such as Pixelmator or Photoshop Express. I'm sure there are many many apps in the app store that can do it, but those are the ones I use.

Reactions: Kay_Ess

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
It is possible with an iPhone, but not with any default apps. You will need to download another app, such as Pixelmator or Photoshop Express. I'm sure there are many many apps in the app store that can do it, but those are the ones I use.
Oh okay! I’m a little bummed to hear that as I have come to trust Apple with my photos but I don’t want to give some other company I don’t know full access to all of my photos. I hope I can just do it on a picture by picture basis then, like the chat apps.

I guess I have lots of research to do then for what I thought was basic functionality.

Thanks for your reply though!

Reactions: coolguy4747
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.