Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HeadstrongZodiac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2023
44EEBADF-9276-4BD7-A4A7-E0C6A16B2B1E.jpeg
Hey all,

a few months ago i updated my system (a mac pro 3,1) from high sierra to mojave. However, I recently ordered a hd 5770 dell version to use in my system. When installing it, it didn't work in mojave (i later found out the hd 5xxx and hd 6xxx would not work on the dosdude mojave patcher) so I went to create a bootable usb with the high sierra installer on it, and every time I try to create a bootable disk I get an error. I've followed the instructions word by word, formatted it to osx journaled, everything, yet I still get this error message. Why is it doing this?

HawkTheHusky1902

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2023
Berlin, Germany
Hi,
some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Check USB Drive: Ensure that the USB drive you're using is functioning properly. Try a different USB drive if possible, as the one you're using may have issues.
  2. Reformat USB Drive: Reformat the USB drive using Disk Utility, making sure to select "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" as the format type. Also, ensure that the scheme is set to "GUID Partition Map."
  3. Check for Disk Errors: Use Disk Utility to check for and repair any disk errors on your Mac.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, please provide additional details about your setup and the exact steps you're following, as there may be specific nuances related to your Mac Pro model or the patching process that could be causing the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.