Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nighthawk12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what to do when you are getting ready to preorder iPhone and it will not let you continue when you choose the pay in full option? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ds6778

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2016
Lmao that’s because preorders haven’t started yet. If you’re paying in full and not doing any carrier/apple financing, that is as far as you can get. The idea behind getting ready to preorder were for the people doing the Apple IPhone Upgrade Program or Apple-card installments.

VermontsFinest

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2020
Is that some kind of a sceme?
Most likely incentivizing those payment options... not exactly sure why, but it probably pushes IUP and Apple Card sign ups which locks people into the ecosystem.

It used to just be an IUP thing- personally I do IUP and the pre-pre-order is a great perk.

nighthawk12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
well that's ********. thanks for the responses. I figured if youre paying in full you should be able to do it. kinda weird.

VermontsFinest

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2020
well that's ********. thanks for the responses. I figured if youre paying in full you should be able to do it. kinda weird.
I agree with you. Even still, I think they cut off those pre-pre-orders at 9 pm EST tonight, so even if you got an Apple Card now, you'd have to wait til 5 am. Good luck ordering tomorrow! Definently apple pay it if you can for speedy checkout.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.