Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0m3k

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Can I make my Apple Card payment without having the WiFi enabled on my iPhone just using the data plan included in my phone's plan?

duanepatrick

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
You don't need to have an internet connection to use Apple Card and Apple Pay because it uses NFC chip for the transaction.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Can I make my Apple Card payment without having the WiFi enabled on my iPhone just using the data plan included in my phone's plan?
If you're asking if you can make a payment toward your Apple Card balance when your phone is on cellular and not wifi the answer is yes.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
You don't need to have an internet connection to use Apple Card and Apple Pay because it uses NFC chip for the transaction.
I think he’s talking about a payment of the card’s balance, not a payment for a purchase made at a store using apple pay. The former does require an internet connection, but that could certainly be the one provided by the phone’s cellular data service. In short, the answer to OP’s question would be yes.

duanepatrick

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
I think he’s talking about a payment of the card’s balance, not a payment for a purchase made at a store using apple pay. The former does require an internet connection, but that could certainly be the one provided by the phone’s cellular data service. In short, the answer to OP’s question would be yes.
Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.