Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zirkle2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Indiana, USA
Dunno if this has been asked, did a search and didn't find anything.

I'm buying the iPhone 3G, but I'm wondering what all has to be charged to a card. Is it just the phone itself? The reason I ask is because I don't use credit cards and the only plastic I have is a debit card. ATT said they take debits, but I have a limit. So what I'm wanting to do is pay for just the phone on the debit card, then pay the rest with a check. Will this work? Thanks!

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Dunno if this has been asked, did a search and didn't find anything.

I'm buying the iPhone 3G, but I'm wondering what all has to be charged to a card. Is it just the phone itself? The reason I ask is because I don't use credit cards and the only plastic I have is a debit card. ATT said they take debits, but I have a limit. So what I'm wanting to do is pay for just the phone on the debit card, then pay the rest with a check. Will this work? Thanks!

What else are you buying? Are you referring to paying the monthly plan with a check?

zirkle2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Indiana, USA
What else are you buying? Are you referring to paying the monthly plan with a check?

Well, ideally I'd like to pay for just the iPhone on my debit card, then get the dock and pay my deposit and other fees with a check. I at least need to be able to pay the deposit with a check because it puts me over my limit. Another question, what cards do they take?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.