Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hi folks,

I have 2 cards stored on my Apple Wallet on my Mac. When I pay for items online using the debit/credit card option (not Apple Pay), I'm not given an option to choose from either of my 2 cards. I only have 1 option - and that option isn't even my default card / setting.

How can I choose which card I want to pay with?

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I think (I may be wrong) having a card in your Wallet doesn’t necessarily make it available for purchases in Safari. I had to separately add a card to my saved cards in Safari to make it available for online non-Apple Pay purchases.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I think (I may be wrong) having a card in your Wallet doesn’t necessarily make it available for purchases in Safari. I had to separately add a card to my saved cards in Safari to make it available for online non-Apple Pay purchases.
I think you are correct. The wallet is for Apple Pay. Cards saved in a browser whether it be safari or Firefox is a different animal. I’m not at my Mac right now, but I don’t think it’s hard to add a second card to Safari.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Exactly... you can see cards saved in Safari under Autofill in Preferences.

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Thanks guys. So Wallet is only for Apple Pay and Safari purchases need cards adding to auto fill?

How safe is auto fill?

Reactions: Weaselboy

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Correct.

It is stored in the password protected KeyChain app, so safe. Every time you try to use the card, it will prompt you for your login/KeyChain password.

You can see mine here. Open KeyChain and search for "credit" and you will get this.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 6.18.21 AM.png

Reactions: scouser75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.