Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
UK
Hi,

I'm in the UK and I preordered iPhone X at about 8:04am when the web store came online.
When I placed it into my basket, it was stating about 1 week delivery time. But the finance application took about 10-15min to complete. I was approved, but now my apple order status says 'Awaiting Payment'

So the delay in filling out the finance application and Barclays sending the payment to Apple, does this result in my shipping time been delayed?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It could, but not because you financed it. It has to do with loads of people who grabbed a phone and paid before you finished filling out the application. It's not some weird punishment because you financed it, its timing. If you knew you'd finance it then why not apply beforehand?

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
UK
It could, but not because you financed it. It has to do with loads of people who grabbed a phone and paid before you finished filling out the application. It's not some weird punishment because you financed it, its timing. If you knew you'd finance it then why not apply beforehand?

I didn't know you could finance a preorder in advance on the apple site. Handy to know for next time.
I wasn't sure if once you've added it to basket, the stock was allocated until check out. I did get an email with an order number saying 'your order is almost complete' (just needed to complete the finance application)
I guess time will tell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.