Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PBG4

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2005
Orange County, CA
just got my powerbook back from the apple genius bar, fixed the issue i had ( computer only chime and wont go any further, stay black) but they didnt really explain what was really wrong with it, and now. my powerbook can only get its power from the cord
battery is empty, but the charger light stays amber, and it doesnt say the computer is charging the battery. try charging while the computer is in sleep, on, or even completely off. the battery stays empty.
ive tried reset the PMU, PRAM, and calibrated the battery. nothing works. maybe apple disable the "charging" function in my computer during the repair? anyway to turn the charging function back on? or something is really wrong w/ my power unit? or a faulty battery?

the battary and powerbook are only 13 months old. last time i check it says its 72% capicity in my battery, its a G4-1.67, 17" powerbook

any input would help, thanks in advance

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
Same thing happened to me when my power adapter kicked the bucket. It would light up amber, but didn't offer a charge.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
your best bet is probably to call apple directly and see what they say.

these are obvious, but just in case: if you happen to have any extra adapters, try different ones (or, if you live near an apple store, take your PB in and have them try plugging it in with a different adapter). also, you may, if you haven't already, want to try plugging it into a different outlet, just to be able to rule out a few no-brainers.

PBG4

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2005
Orange County, CA
id go to the apple store, but the closest one is about 20miles away. and they normally dont answer questions over the phone, they all make you make rsvp thru the genius bar, so im just wondering some of you guys might know my problem so can save me a trip.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 173
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.