Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wayne091189

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
This is my first post so hello all.

I went over to techTV.com today and found a realy good video clip showing you the future of PC in five years time, and thay had some great hardware on show too.

But the best thing in the video was this great looking OS that was runing on there computers. Man I thought OSX was a good looking OS, but this look's so good. This is a must see.

http://www.techtv.com/news/news/story/0,24195,3403038,00.html

And if I ever become a rich man I would love to have one of these monitors to work on PLEASE PLEASE.

Attachments

• pc-5-years-in-the-future.jpg
    pc-5-years-in-the-future.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 837

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Well, if this is what microsoft's planning in 5 years, i'm anxiously awaiting what Apple will be doing :) i picture full-immersion 3D computer systems that are too abstract for us to imagine right now... every single part of our brain being used and interacting...

well maybe this is 10 or 15 years off... but i don't know, advances come in leaps and bounds...

:)
pnw

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
SOON. It may not come in a week, it may not come in a year, but I'll be goddamed if the military didn't have it already. :D
well it looks good, but does it run games? :D

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Email, faxes, instant messages, documents, and alerts pop on and off automatically, but are controlled by the user. Because there is so much screen landscape, the desktop doesn't have a cluttered feeling.

They pop up automatically, but are controlled by the user? Like pop-up ad's? Bad idea if you ask me. I like the notifications in the dock with iChat and Mail. The icon changes, and they can make a sound whenever a new message is received.

As for that much screen landscape, I think it would be hard to control that much space. If you needed it for really big spreadsheets or for tons of tools for designing or creating videos, I can understand, but having to lift the mouse up 5 times just to get from one side of the screen to the other, and turning your head 45° to view the whole thing seems a bit over-done.

Apple is making widescreen standard. Unfortunately, in a bizarre move, microsoft seems to be taking Apple on with the whole wide-screen thing, and they seem to be going over-board. I wonder if they will give you coupons for free neck adjustments at your local chiropractor?

Oh well. In 5 years, I'll probably still be using a Mac...

boom-boom

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2002
I don't understand the time frames they were talking about! My computer turns on 10 mins before I arrive. When I get there and walk into my office the lights turn on and when I leave they turn off!

iSync will sync up all your devices, but it won't do it behind your back!

When we have a video conference the camera moves to the person who is talking but does not take over. It has the inititial person on the main screen and when someone else starts to speak it becomes picture in picture!

What the F are they talking about 3-5 years - IT IS ALREADY HERE AND IT IS ON THE MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The screen is only about 15K!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Those screens are already available - and you can buy them if you want, but cost quite a bit, 10k+. And I just spent 5 minutes searching for the site and I can't find it - if someone knows it post it.

D

ejb190

macrumors 65816
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.