Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I am looking to move away from Apple seeing as they no longer make an affordable Mac Pro desk top.
I am looking to buy a Prebuilt gaming PC that can be used for general computer stuff and be able to play
the odd game here and there, not fussed about 4k and stuff.
I have been looking at the HP Omen 25L as this seems to cover my requirements and is easily
updated as and when required, thoughts on this and or any recommendations for other prebuilt's would be good.
Looking to spend around the £1000 - £1200 mark.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Here's some food for thought on prebuilt gaming PCs.

Here's someone's review, of the HP, its not a Yter that I'm familiar with, but he does show the computer. A look at that video seems to show, a sparse possibly proprietary motherboard, with what I consider an inadequate cpu cooler. For for about £1000, that's probably all you'll get in that sense.

Here's a different reviewer and he's showing off game performance and truth be told the CPU/GPU temps don't look bad

Here's one that Gamer Nexus seemed to like and I think its only the one he's liked so far. The ABS Challenger series of computers are sold by NewEgg, it depends on your comfort level with going with New Egg vs. HP.

Reactions: Washac

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Here's some food for thought on prebuilt gaming PCs.

Here's someone's review, of the HP, its not a Yter that I'm familiar with, but he does show the computer. A look at that video seems to show, a sparse possibly proprietary motherboard, with what I consider an inadequate cpu cooler. For for about £1000, that's probably all you'll get in that sense.

Here's a different reviewer and he's showing off game performance and truth be told the CPU/GPU temps don't look bad

Here's one that Gamer Nexus seemed to like and I think its only the one he's liked so far. The ABS Challenger series of computers are sold by NewEgg, it depends on your comfort level with going with New Egg vs. HP.
Thanks for that, think I will go for the HP Omen 25L as I said i8n the OP.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I just came across this video, I like this like as he adds some humor, and this video popped up on my YT

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I just came across this video, I like this like as he adds some humor, and this video popped up on my YT

Way outside what I want to pay I am afraid, thanks for the pointer though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.