Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
Hi!
I have a little question... Is it worth buying PCalc if I already have CalcBot? Maybe someone has experience with both applications. I must tell you that value doesn't matter. I'm one of those people who can spend last money for a new app.

mfsinger

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
Michigan
I was scrolling through and noticed this and the fact nobody replied. I bought PCalc originally on the iOS device. Mainly because Apple didn't have the sense to include a calculator app on the iPad. I've been with them (PCalc) since the start and I personally like it. It's quite robust in my opinion, HOWEVER, I don't need complex complications. The interface is clean which is super important to me. I hate cluttered stuff. Unfortunately I cannot speak to it's ability to do complex stuff. But I do love the "tape" feature. Especially when I'm doing other stuff and not fully paying attention. Now that the default keyboard on the iMac does not include a keypad, mistakes are easily made when you're also watching the TV. I know this is late by a month but I hope it helps.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Paid PCalc owner here, never even heard of CalcBot. User of an HP 15c since 1989 (still works) and HP 48GX since 1990 (still works and I also still program in Kermit), I live in RPN and a numerical stack, and appreciate the ability to print out results from either my 48GX or PCalc on iOS or macOS. PCalc is on all 3 of my Macs, it's the first non-Apple app I installed on my new iMac Pro.

Reactions: mfsinger
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.