Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Hello. I am looking for suggestions for a pdf app that can superimpose png images. I use this to sign some PDFs. Would like the app to be license (one time payment) not subscription, pleasant to use, and privacy respecting vendor. Any suggestions?

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
PDFGear:
Heard about this app last week and tried it out, free and great. Make sure you download the PDF converter app as well and the PDF scanner HD, a total of three integrated apps. All are free, very easy to use, complete and very thorough. I currently also have a subscription to PDF Expert Pro. Great app but not free. I use the cloud to store all my PDF’s for ease of retrieval. I also import some such as manuals to Apple Books for easy access and reading. Since they are PDF’s you can mark them up and book mark them as well. Not only highliting but actual on document side hand written or text typed notes.

PDF Gear

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
PDFGear:
Heard about this app last week and tried it out, free and great. Make sure you download the PDF converter app as well and the PDF scanner HD, a total of three integrated apps. All are free, very easy to use, complete and very thorough. I currently also have a subscription to PDF Expert Pro. Great app but not free. I use the cloud to store all my PDF’s for ease of retrieval. I also import some such as manuals to Apple Books for easy access and reading. Since they are PDF’s you can mark them up and book mark them as well. Not only highliting but actual on document side hand written or text typed notes.

PDF Gear

eehh...this app has everything for free. Whats the catch? Everyone else is either subscription or high price I think I have seem some $150+ ones. I was about to go for PDF Reader PRO.

How does it compare to PDF Expert?
If this is free why is anyone paying for others?

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
eehh...this app has everything for free. Whats the catch? Everyone else is either subscription or high price I think I have seem some $150+ ones. I was about to go for PDF Reader PRO.

How does it compare to PDF Expert?
If this is free why is anyone paying for others?
I really don’t know why it’s free, but on the web site there is some explanations. I’ve tried it and it seems to do just about everything. I was looking for a way to scan and could not find it so I contacted them and about an hour I received an email with a link to the scanner app. Downloaded it and it completed the pacakage.
So far (about 3 weeks) no catches, it seems to be one to love. ❤️

Reactions: MacBH928
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.