Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Anyone see a PDF ebook reader on the store? I can not seem to find one yet. (although I am sure it will be here soon if its not.)

I have bought many PDF books (instead of the dead tree versions) and would love to read them on the iPhone.

dalcorn1

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
there is a book reader i dont know if it runs off pdfs though. looks like one where you have to buy the books from the online site. I cant remember where it was though on the store

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Thanks. I saw one for (non PDF) ebooks (like the ones in public domain.)

Oh well. If it is not there today. It will be within a week I am sure.

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
I found this. Called Readdle.

Attachments

• Readdle.JPG
    Readdle.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 535

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Readdle looks nice, there's also another app called Bookz or something like that. It's in the Productivity section I think.

Yep. But it currently only supports Project Guttenburg type books. Lately I have been buying my computer/web/programming books directly from the publishers since it is a lower cost and I get it immediately.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Oops! Nevermind then :)

Did you see FileMagnet? That allows you to copy many common file types to iPhone (including PDF), and you can use the app to view them on the iPhone.

I doubt it has any real reader-type features (bookmarking, etc.) but might be a little more convenient than emailing documents to yourself.

I currently have a jailbroken iPod with lighttp webserver installed, so I upload PDF's and other files to my iPod Touch and view them locally within Safari. Again, no reader type features but is nice to have. FileMagnet pretty much duplicates that, with a better interface.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
FileMagnet

Yep. that's my short term plan. To buy that and it will double as a handy portable usb key like thing. (and use it to read my PDFs in a simple fashion for now.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.