Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thehonorabledm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2021
Conifer, Co
So, I have a few PDFS that I have added to the iBooks app. They have come from the same publisher. They are having the same issue across my iPad Air 2 and iPhone XS. The cover image is just a vertical line and blank along each side. I have deleted and re added. Typically from the files app. I have also done it straight from a safari browser as well. Any tips?

Attachments

• 7AAD5722-2D6A-4F21-903C-D127DC1F4026.png
    7AAD5722-2D6A-4F21-903C-D127DC1F4026.png
    1 MB · Views: 278
Reactions: moxarima

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Open the PDFs in a different app. My go-to pdf reader is either GoodReader App or QuickSearch App.
If those apps show the cover correctly, then it’s an iBooks bug rendering the covers wrong.
iBooks is by far the worst pdf app out there.

CJR23

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2022
Yeah I am having exactly the same issue. Ironically my Chaosium Books all display properly: but abort 3% of my pdfs have this issue. Is there an actual solution? A lot of Atlas Games Ars Magica pdfs are displaying as a vertical bar? If I install a pdf reader is there an easy way to import my iBooks library in on iPad?

moxarima

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2023
have any of you managed to solve the issue? It's awful having full covers for some PDFs then vertical bars for the others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.