Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
icon128x128.png

PDFZone 3

I'm proud to introduce PDFZone 3, a great macOS app that allows you to:

• Automatically rename your PDF files based on their content
  • Automatically extract your PDF files content to useful data (CSV file)
Examples of use:

- Example 1: Suppose you want to automatically rename all your received invoices with the following format: <date>_<invoice-provider-name>_<invoice-number>, you just need PDFZone for that.

- Example 2: Suppose you want to have the total amount of your telecom invoices for the last ten years (= 120 monthly invoices). The first time, tell PDFZone where to find the total amount on such invoice, then give all your invoices (PDF) to PDFZone. The app will automatically create a CSV file. Now you just have to use the data in the software of your choice (Excel, accounting, ...). Easy!

How to use it?
  • Define what you want to extract (a date, an invoice number, the amount of an invoice, ...)
  • For each type of PDF, tell PDFZone where to extract (= select a zone)
  • Give hundreds of PDF to PDFZone, and it will:
    • Recognize the type of PDF
    • Rename the PDF files based on their content (define an output format) OR extract the content to a CSV file
What's new in v3?
  • PDFZone is smarter: it can now recognize dates and numbers (and of course text). This allows to transform the date to the format of your choice when renaming/exporting. Wow :cool:, I'm quite glad to have achieved that.
  • Brand new interface for defining zone: easier and faster
  • Many other improvements (accuracy, performance, ...)

Features:

- Automatic PDF files renaming
- Automatic PDF files extraction
- Smart: with the "Trusted Neighbour" functionality, you can also extract values that might not always be at the same position (ex: the total of an invoice which position is below the items, whose number might vary from one invoice to another)
- Smart: adapts to variations when the PDF has been scanned
- Command-Line Interface for integration with other softwares
- Dark Mode support
- TouchBar support

Download

Screenshots

export_options_en.jpg

rename_en.jpg

where_en.jpg

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
?
Just to tell you that in the meantime, several improvements have been made to PDFZone, which is improving constantly.
Feedbacks have been incredibly positive and useful, which allowed me to bring interesting improvements to the app.

The app is free for small batchs of PDFs, do not hesitate to try it :
PDFZone v3 on the Mac App Store

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
Good morning everyone,

PDFZone has been updated to support macOS Big Sur and the new Apple Silicon macs. :apple:
The app is free for small batchs of PDFs, do not hesitate to try it (PDF automation (renaming & extraction) based on the content) :

➡️ PDFZone v3 on the Mac App Store

Let me know what you think!

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
Hey guys, this is Black friday.
There is currently a 15% discount on the lifetime (= one-time purchase) licence until Monday (included).
It's time to automate your PDFs =).

PS: I'm working on adding Siri Shortcuts support, to improve automation with PDFZone, and integrate into your workflow. Currently, there is already a command-line interface.

➡️ PDFZone v3 on the Mac App Store

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
Hello guys, so the app has had a lot of popularity lately.
However, I get very few feedback, so I kinda don't know what you would like to see next in PDFZone. (I don't collect any data so I have no insights on how the app is being used)

Any idea/suggestion of new feature/improvement that would help your workflow for even more efficiency with PDFZone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.