Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macsavvytech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ok, so I ended up taking the plunge and buying a Peel 520, My iPod is working perfectly as a phone, however there is one very annoying bug which I wonder if anyone has had a reasonable work around for. Now being able to change volume when your headphones are plugged in is a known bug but I was wondering if anyone had found a fix for it other then drilling a hole in the case.

cobaltrich27

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
D/FW TX
I drilled a hole for the reset/power button but havnt tried that.

I have a dremel and my case is cracking anyways LOL so I will try it.

Also if yall have trouble with software update I figured out how to get latest Firmware installed. I been meaning to post my success and just getting around to it hope it helps.

Install cydelete to get the older version un-installed from the icon. This helps if you have the Cydia glitch that wont allow you to scroll to "y" section or load the yosion source in Cydia.

After install cydelete and then hold on the icons for phone/mms delete them just like you would for a normal non cydia icon app make sure you respring.

1) make sure openssh and ifile are installed respring if need install then step2.

2) on your PC, download WinSCP (windows) here
http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

you can also use Cyberduck (windows/mac) i used winscp
3) connect your ipod touch to your computer. if itunes automatically loads, close that down.

4) start WinSCP.
use the following details to log in to WinSCP
server: Your_IP_address
I used the ip listed under wifi settings.

port: 22
username: root
password: alpine
protocol: SFTP
5) click log-in
6) on the right-hand pane of the window, you will see all the files contained in your ipod touch. browse to private/var/root/Media. inside Media, create a folder called Cydia, and inside Cydia create a folder called AutoInstall.
7) download yosion app from here
http://www.4shared.com/file/-e3u84wh/YosionApp_Beta_099.html
8) copy YosionApp_Beta_099 file inside the AutoInstall folder you made.
9) exit WinSCP

install looking in ifile in the folder for installer you made above in step 6.
10) reboot and re-spring your ipod touch
11) if it went well, you'll see two new icons on your springboard: Phone and Messages.

Macsavvytech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I drilled a hole for the reset/power button but havnt tried that.

I have a dremel and my case is cracking anyways LOL so I will try it.

Also if yall have trouble with software update I figured out how to get latest Firmware installed. I been meaning to post my success and just getting around to it hope it helps.

Install cydelete to get the older version un-installed from the icon. This helps if you have the Cydia glitch that wont allow you to scroll to "y" section or load the yosion source in Cydia.

After install cydelete and then hold on the icons for phone/mms delete them just like you would for a normal non cydia icon app make sure you respring.

1) make sure openssh and ifile are installed respring if need install then step2.

2) on your PC, download WinSCP (windows) here
http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

you can also use Cyberduck (windows/mac) i used winscp
3) connect your ipod touch to your computer. if itunes automatically loads, close that down.

4) start WinSCP.
use the following details to log in to WinSCP
server: Your_IP_address
I used the ip listed under wifi settings.

port: 22
username: root
password: alpine
protocol: SFTP
5) click log-in
6) on the right-hand pane of the window, you will see all the files contained in your ipod touch. browse to private/var/root/Media. inside Media, create a folder called Cydia, and inside Cydia create a folder called AutoInstall.
7) download yosion app from here
http://www.4shared.com/file/-e3u84wh/YosionApp_Beta_099.html
8) copy YosionApp_Beta_099 file inside the AutoInstall folder you made.
9) exit WinSCP

install looking in ifile in the folder for installer you made above in step 6.
10) reboot and re-spring your ipod touch
11) if it went well, you'll see two new icons on your springboard: Phone and Messages.

Mine already came with OS 0.9.9 :)
anyway just to note where you had password: alpine you should note that anyone who still has their password apline should change it.

alukado

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
Great to find there is a thread about peel 520.
I am planning to grab one as soon as possible , just wondering which one is better ? C peel T188 or yosion peel 2nd .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.