Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom359

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
I've made half a dozen trips to my apple store in hopes of finding pencils in stock, no luck. My online order with Apple, which was placed 2 weeks ago, still has an estimated delivery date of the first week in January. Placed order with Best Buy on Friday, got shipping confirmation today with delivery on Wednesday. Cancelled Apple order. It makes no sense that I can get a pencil from a 3rd party weeks before I could from Apple directly. You would think they would be directing all supply through their own orders first.

PirateP

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Naboo Land
I ordered from Best Buy on Thurday and picked up I'm-store Friday — both the Smart Keyboard and the Pencil. I agree it doesn't make any sense.

shox2k2

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Wichita, KS
That'd be bad business. By that logic they shouldn't be selling anything in their own apple stores because they have online orders. Its better business wise to supply the stores for the impulse buying. Once someone has made their online order they know they have you as a customer. As long as they didn't miss when they promised you delivery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.