Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyNotWorking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2014
I have an iPhone 5 and I recently upgraded to iOS 7.1.2

Since the upgrade, there have been issues with skype and viber. I can hear people but other people cannot hear me. I checked privacy and I have allowed both the services to access my microphone.

In both skype and viber, it was working for some time and then it stopped working.

I was talking to someone on viber today and she could hear me fine. Suddenly the call dropped and when I called her back, she couldn't hear me. I tried restarting the phone, toggling the microphone access controls. Nothing worked. Something similar happened with skype too. Both Skype and Viber are in the latest version.

Please help me out. I tried searching for a solution online but I couldn't find anything.:confused:

Thanks in advance

dcharleyultra

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2013
The only other thing I can think of is to backup using iTunes, restore as new, test the two apps, then restore your backup.

whyNotWorking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2014
Sorry but just so I am clear, I should backup my phone to iTunes and then restore to factory settings?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.