Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dublo7

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Perth, Australia.
That makes all audio, what, 16 kbps? :)
Actually, I'm surprised how good it sounds in my car. I thought it would sound like complete ****, but I was wrong. Anyway, I don't really care about sound quality in my car. I'm not one of those guys that spends insane amounts of money on a car stereo system.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Cassette adapters provide pretty good sound, considering how much of a workaround it is.

I think the problem with cassette sound in general is the quality of the recorded analog signal on the magnetic tape, and degradation over time. That's not a problem here.

I've had much more success with cassette adapters than FM transmitters. If you have a very new head unit, it will likely have a line-in. Next best is if you have a really old unit with cassette, you can get pretty good results with a cassette adapter.

Actually, I'm surprised how good it sounds in my car. I thought it would sound like complete ****, but I was wrong. Anyway, I don't really care about sound quality in my car. I'm not one of those guys that spends insane amounts of money on a car stereo system.

Rhosfelt

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2007
I don't want to be raped :(
I just use line-in now :) I don't like to constantly be charging it, so i will bring my airport express (especially at college seeing as how it is pretty much useless here :/) if i need to charge it anywhere..

However I want to get a nice mount for my iPt so it isn't rolling around in the cup holder where i put my 60gb lol

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
My ipod sounds great in my system, I have a Sony Xplod head unit with an aux input, along with an amp in the trunk for two 12 inch subs, it's loud. The great thing about my system though (compared to using my stock set up though, where I had my subs running off my rear speaker wires) is now that they are powered by a sub output, I can have a lot of highs with a lot of lows, instead of being directly related, where If I have a lot of lows, there are little highs, and vice versa. I like having a lot of highs but still being able to feel the bass.

And using a lot of the songs I listen to (techno and trance) it seems to fit the bill nicely and to me, it sounds great.

But like previously mentioned, your output is only as good as ur input, garbage in, garbage out. Mp3 (compressed) isn't exactly the best thing to use...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.