Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
A lot of people in my local tech forum said:

1. Talk with Pro cancellation would have the street noise louder than the person voice, the other side cannot hear what is talking at all

2. Even just listen to music, the cancellation quality is like a $20 earbuds quality

Is these true?

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
This has not been my experience with the AirPods Pro.

I would say the noise cancelling is comparable to, though not quite as good as, the recently top-of-the-line Sony WH-1000XM2 I have. It doesn't block out the low frequencies like plane engines as well, but general noise like street noise and conversations of others is blocked very well in my opinion.

I use them to talk on the phone several times a week, often while walking with the dog or to the train stop, or doing things around the house. If I have received any complaints about the sound quality from the people on the other end they've been few and far between enough that I don't remember.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I agree, the noise cancelling is not great. I can still hear cars coming loudly and people talking in the streets. But I use the sound volume at 35 or 40%.

What really made the difference though is one of the first firmware. Maybe it was just a placebo effect but I swear the ANC was better before.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Noise canceling is as good as my old over ear Bose OC-25's. More than adequate for what I expect from in-ear pods.. By the way, if this thread goes absolutely nowhere like your thread about not being able to sign into iCloud I suggest you stop listening to random people on "your local tech forum" for advice or opinions..

Last edited:

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
I thought the noise cancelling in my Airpods Pro were quite good until I heard some over the ear noise cancelling headphones. I think this is mainly due to how much sound you can block with an in-ear bud though. I saw comparisons with other buds from reviewers who all say the Airpods Pro are still leading or equal to the competition in this regard.

The Airpods Max noise cancelling is incredibly strong by comparison but again they are over the ear and block more sound to begin with.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
Noise canceling is as good as my old over ear Bose OC-25's. More than adequate for what I expect from in-ear pods.. By the way, if this thread goes absolutely nowhere like your thread about not being able to sign into iCloud I suggest you stop listening to random people on "your local tech forum" for advice or opinions..

Well Apple fixes it, I guess Apple comes to here to see what to fix.

• Haha
Reactions: swandy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.