Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cryosim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2014
Hey guys,
A few days ago I switched to the iOS 9.3 beta on my iPad Pro. A few hours later when I discovered a jailbreak might come out for iOS 9.2.1 only, I panicked and "downgraded" back to iOS 9.2.1 using iTunes's "Upgrade" feature while in Recovery mode. When my iPad restarted it had everything as normal although all my apps were gone and the device was no longer supervised (it was previously enrolled in a MDM server that I used for testing.) Another thing I noticed was that my custom Web Clip I installed with a profile that did not allow the web clip to be deleted was undeletable... because all the profiles that were in Settings had mysteriously disappeared! I went to my VPN settings next, and there was this weird "Per-App VPN" profile, "com.apple.NetworkExtension.NetworkServiceProxy", apparently with a server of "make.apple.services.fast". I understand .fast is a TLD although the domain appears to be unregistered? I can't delete the VPN either. This wasn't here before I downgraded back to 9.2.1. Don't really want to reset my iPad again. Any suggestions?

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Have you tried re-enrolling it into the MDM server, then remove it? I think the Web Clip was from the MDM server, so you might need to be on the MDM server to have it removed.

Cryosim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2014
Is it even possible to enroll an unsupervised device back to the MDM server?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.