Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmaniac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Well we are redoing are computer room so our performa has been relocated. I was able to open her up and here are some pics of the mobo and where it is currently residing. Its new job is to serve as a claneder and note taking device. 7 years old and still chuggin!

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
One of the AT&T children has huge micoelectronics industry, problem is I have no idea what it's now called - and is probable scattered over several companies now or in a strange name now. (hint it's no longer Lucent or even Agere)

Don't worry if you don't know what all the AT&T companies are or do anymore, even the shareholders who followed the fracturing are confused as to what the companies really do.

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
You mean to tell me that everyone doesn't have the Crapper Mac? What is there to do but browse the web or check the email on the turlet.....Or mabye we're just wierd down here in Podunk Nowhere.

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
:confused:What version is that? I have a performa 6400/200 sitting right next to my PM 9500: see my profile. I use the performa for running code warrior. For some reason code warrior doesn't wan't to run on the 9500.:(

-MacMaster

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
I have a Macintosh Classic in my Kithen I use it for a reminder, calender and recepi holder.

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
i would love to have a new imac in the crapper with a wireless airport network for browsing the internet and such.

-Pete

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
mmm.. nubus... now those were the days... I have a performa 600 CD sitting in a junk pile. If anybody wants it, It's yours, keyboard and mouse (If I can find them) for $20 + shipping and handling... I think it still works...

bunton

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
i found three and death

yeah i found three Apple color composite IIe monitors and threw two off the fith story of a parking garage.

Should i do the same to the third or no!!!!

Someone want it???

Macmaniac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Originally posted by MacMaster
:confused:What version is that? I have a performa 6400/200 sitting right next to my PM 9500: see my profile. I use the performa for running code warrior. For some reason code warrior doesn't wan't to run on the 9500.:(

-MacMaster
I have a 6300 CD 100mhz;) My mom has been using it quite often now, It feels so good to give an old machine a new life. She really does love that computer.

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by Macmaniac

It feels so good to give an old machine a new life.
Yeah...so do I. That's why I bought this old PM 9500 and am using my dad's old performa often. The PM is over 5 years old and the performa is even older I think. I like the old apples. They are hardy, reliable, and have stood the test of time...:) And it's pretty fun to mess with them:D (I ment that in a good way of course):D

Zenith

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2001
Norway
We use our ol' 7100/80 as an ASIP server. In fact, it's over eight years old now :D

Of course, we've upgraded it with a NewerTech G3 240 Mhz card... :p

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
Macintosh LC

I donated my old Macintosh LC to my step-father, who is using it as a word processing machine (with a StyleWriter II). He doesn't have any need for the Internet, so this little puppy is perfect for his stuff, running system 7.5 with MS Word 5.1 and Excel 4.0 on it. I just replaced the HD, because it was a little bit too small (40MB) and loud by a used 500MB HD from my old PowerMac 7500 (which is also still in use by a friend).

Oh... and of course the battery on the mobo had to be changed once, but that was nothing. It still works perfectly every day with a cheap 15" monitor using an adapter. :)

Good ole days! :)

groovebuster

The Journalist

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
reno, Nv
Throwingthings

Originally posted by bunton
yeah i found three Apple color composite IIe monitors and threw two off the fith story of a parking garage.

I've done that to a toilet, a sink, and a cupboard witha small club called the motor vehicle confederation. Fun, Fun, fun.

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
Re: Throwingthings

Originally posted by The Journalist

I've done that to a toilet, a sink, and a cupboard witha small club called the motor vehicle confederation. Fun, Fun, fun.

Yeah, that's really fun! :)

But a friend of mine did that with a toilet that was full of ****. The construction workers were to lazy to go always downstairs to ****, so they did that into that toilet bowl right under the roof that wasn't installed anymore. My buddy had to clean up the place after everything was almost finished and he didn't really feel like carrying that thing down all the stairs... so he just dropped it down (6 Floors, 13 feet high ceilings).

BOOM!!!!!

That was literally a ****-bomb!

But also a bad idea... the **** was flying all around, and the fassade of the house looked... well ... like a chocolate chip cookie all the way up to the second floor! *yuck* Oh boy.. he was in trouble! At least his insurance paid for cleaning the house, but he never worked again for that company! I wonder why!?!? ;)

groovebuster

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Originally posted by ptrauber
i would love to have a new imac in the crapper with a wireless airport network for browsing the internet and such.

-Pete

hehehe, that would be my preferable spot also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.