Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SmookyPeter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2019
Hello to everyone, I have an iPhone XS Max actually and the performance of A12 Bionic is very good but A13 Bionic is about 20% faster.Do I recognize the difference when playing games? Why would I upgrade to the new 11 Pro is a performance. I don't know, if it's worth the money, because 20% seem to me little.

Thanks

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The days of performance doubling every year are long past. The last time we came even close to that was the A8 -> A9 (~70% faster). Sure if you put an XS and 11 Pro side by side the 11 Pro will likely open apps a fraction of a second faster, but the difference won't be noticeable in normal day to day use. It is definitely not worth upgrading every year for performance improvements alone, it's just a matter of whether the other features (such as camera improvements or better battery life) make it worth it to you.

SmookyPeter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2019
Yes but what about games? When I will have both 11 Pro and Xs side by side and playing some demanding game so do I recognize a difference?

man4857

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2016
Gilbert, AZ
Hello to everyone, I have an iPhone XS Max actually and the performance of A12 Bionic is very good but A13 Bionic is about 20% faster.Do I recognize the difference when playing games? Why would I upgrade to the new 11 Pro is a performance. I don't know, if it's worth the money, because 20% seem to me little.

Thanks

How I look at it is, if a SoC has higher performance, you'd get better power efficiency running the same programs.

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yes but what about games? When I will have both 11 Pro and Xs side by side and playing some demanding game so do I recognize a difference?
I'd say you probably won't notice a difference in game performance, but the battery probably will last longer in the 11 Pro while playing the game (remains to be seen in real world tests though).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.