Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azbutler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2009
I get this periodically where my 2007 MB forces me to restart... I haven't been able to identify and specific tasks that causes it. It seems to happen most often shortly after starting up. It usually takes 3-4 restarts before it stops. I'm running 10.5.8 on a 2007 MB 2.2Ghz w/2gb RAM. 2 things that it could be related to in my amateur opinion is either the RAM or Battery. The reason I think one of those 2 could be the problem is that I put the RAM in a 2006 MB as well as the battery and it came up on that machine as well...

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20121214_073236.jpg
    IMG_20121214_073236.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I get this periodically where my 2007 MB forces me to restart... I haven't been able to identify and specific tasks that causes it. It seems to happen most often shortly after starting up. It usually takes 3-4 restarts before it stops. I'm running 10.5.8 on a 2007 MB 2.2Ghz w/2gb RAM. 2 things that it could be related to in my amateur opinion is either the RAM or Battery. The reason I think one of those 2 could be the problem is that I put the RAM in a 2006 MB as well as the battery and it came up on that machine as well...

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

You have sort of answered your own question I think...RAM related almost certainly a bad stick..You could test them in another Mac, but I'd just replace them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.