Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zipperdoyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
Did anyone notice a permanent smudge at the top of the screen on their XS MAX? I noticed it when I took off the plastic film when I first unboxed it, and thought it would go away. Even though you have to angle it the right way to see it I'm going to return as I don't know what the long term affects of it are (burns, bleeds, discolors screen, over time, etc.)

See picture, not the best shot.
Smudge.jpg

cakebytheocean

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2017
I found something similar on my series 4 SS apple watch albeit not as large but noticeable in bright light. Genius appointment in two days.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Did anyone notice a permanent smudge at the top of the screen on their XS MAX? I noticed it when I took off the plastic film when I first unboxed it, and thought it would go away. Even though you have to angle it the right way to see it I'm going to return as I don't know what the long term affects of it are (burns, bleeds, discolors screen, over time, etc.)

See picture, not the best shot. View attachment 788054

It Almost looks like an air pocket, where the adhesive did not fully bond to the display as a member mentioned also.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

zipperdoyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
What does it look like with the screen on? Almost looks like an area where the adhesive hasn’t bonded the display to the glass properly

It's pretty hard to see with the screen on unless I angle it up. Also it's easier to see on dark backgrounds vs. bright ones. I'll set up a genius appointment to replace. Thanks again for everyones feedback!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.